Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Happy Independence Day every one! The campers at Camp Phillip celebrated the holiday with singing lots of patriotic songs, wearing red, white and blue and getting very wet. The heat continued and fireworks were no where to be seen, but the kids had a blast at a campfire with guests such as George Washington, Uncle Sam and Captain America and alien fireworks featuring Diet Pepsi and Mentos. The boys faced off against the Challenge Course and worked through activities such as Alaskan Pipeline. The girls had Schleef Encounters where they played Sardines in the woods and then explored the legendary King Kong's Booger. Today also featured the unveiling of Jugger Ball. The game involved lots of milk jugs, giant goals and, well, you'll just have to ask the kids about it.

Psalm 139:1-4 O Lord, you have searched me 
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all the my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O Lord.

Keely gave an excellent password this morning about how God knows us so well. The password, understandably was Know. Jason gave a devotion where he compared how God sees us to a puzzle. Right now, we aren't finished but God sees us as we are and when we are finished and still loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment